There are two things I’d like to say:
- Happy Black History Month!
- Black women are the most mistreated and underappreciated creatures to walk this earth.
The intersectionality of being black and a woman comes with negative points on the score board in the game of life. Dealing with racism and sexism is nothing short of exhausting and stressful. I can go on and on about the grievances this world brings unto us, but instead I want to uplift my sisters, aunties, grannies, cousins and friends by saying:
- You are loved, and I want you to love yourself fully and know that you are enough.
- Your hips, lips, hair, walk, creativity, swagger, strength and resilience are envied by many, but could never be executed to perfection by anyone other than you.
- You are a dynamic individual, with a personality spanning well beyond the limitations of society’s stereotypes.
- Be unapologetically you, in every aspect and capacity of your being.
To help you celebrate your black womanhood, here’s a “Black Girl Magic” playlist dedicated to you!